This is a partial list of local festivals, fairs and costumed events. To verify the exact dates, please contact the local tourist board.
- Acquapendente: “I Pugnaloni” Historical Pageant (May).
- Alatri: Sacred Re-enactment of the Passion Play (April).
- Bolsena: Flower Carpets Pageant (June).
- Castel Madama: Historical Pageant and Horse Race (July).
- Cori: Sbandieratori (flag throwers)
- Genzano: INFIORATA (Flower festival) Corpus Domini (June).
A religious procession along the streets carpeted with flowers in magnificent designs.
- Greccio: Re-enactment of St. Francis Building the First Nativity Scene (Christmas Eve).
- Rieti: Palio Horse Race (July).
- Rome: EPIPHANY FAIR at PIAZZA NAVONA January 5th
A fair of toys, sweets and others presents takes place in the open air among the beautiful Bernini fountainsFESTA DE’ NOANTRI July 19th to 26th
Folklore of Old Rome in Trastevere, including colorful procession for the Vergine del Carmine, folk dances and songs, carnival floats and fireworks
- Rome: Spring Festival with colorful flower show from Piazza di Spagna up steps to Trinita dei Monti church. (April)
- Rome: End of April. International Horse Show in Piazza di Siena. Italian and international riders. Closing ceremony is historical tournament with mounted Carabinieri. National Horse Show more or less at same time at the Galoppatoio in Villa Borghese.
- Rome: Antique furniture Week sponsored by Rome Tourist Board in Via dei Coronari. Also Rose Show — exhibition end competition for new roses, at rose garden of Valle Murgia. Opening date depends on when roses bloom in May.
- Sant’Oreste: Festival of the Madonna (May).
- Sermoneta: Historical Re-enactment of the Battle of Lepanto (October).
- Tarquinia: Historical Parade and Jousting Tournament (May).
- Velletri: Festival of St. Anthony Historical Parade and Jousting Tournament (January).