This is a partial list of local festivals, fairs and costumed events. To verify the exact dates, please contact the local tourist board:
APT del Milanese www.provincia.milano.it
APT Del Bergamasco www.apt.bergamo.it
APT del Bresciano www.bresciaholiday.com
AAPT del Comasco www.lakecomo.com
- Bergamo: Festival of Sant’Alessandro (August).
- Vertova: Historical Passion Play (Easter).
- Cantù: 15 km. north of Milano. Second half of September, every second year. Exhibition of furniture and laces from Cantù
- Como: “Baradello” Medieval Games and Pageant (September 7-15).
- Isola Comacina: Lake Como. Last week of June. Feast of San Giovanni. The oldest celebration at Como. regarding art, folklore and tradition (June).
- Crema: Traditional Carnival (February).
- Casteggio: White Truffle Festival (November).
- Pescarolo: Historical Carnival Parade and Celebrations (February).
- Solarolo Rainerio: Medieval Games and Mule Race (September).
- Lagusello: Wine Harvest Ceremonies (September).
- Commessaggio: Regatta on the Navarolo Canal (July).
- Grazie di Curtatone: Sidewalk Madonna-Painters Exhibition (August).
- San Luigi a Castiglione: Re-enactment of the Historical Battle (June)
- Legnano: Historical Pageant and Horse Race (May).
- Milan: Festival of Sant’Ambrogio (December).Annual Trade Fair. One of the largest internationally, and most important in Italy (April).International cycle and motorcycle exhibition and Rosa d’Inverno — the most important Italian motorcycle rally (30th November-9th December.).
- Villimpenta: Rice Harvest Festival (June).
- Sartirana: Frog Pageant (September).
- Vigevano: Medieval Horse Race (October).
- Bormio: Easter Pageant (Easter).
- Grosio: Corpus Domini Pageant and Parade (June).
- Teglio: Pizzoccheri Festival (July).