– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1.5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 onion, 1 carrot, finely chopped
– 4 chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks)
– salt and freshly ground white pepper
– half cup dry white wine
– 1 cup (250g) arborio rice
– 3-4 cups boiling chicken stock
– 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
How to make the Chicken Risotto:
Melt 1 and half tablespoons of butter with the olive oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add the vegetables and saute for 2-3 minutes over low heat.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the saucepan in a single layer. Increase the heat and brown both sides nicely. After about 10 minutes, start sprinkling with wine.
Cover and continue cooking, gradually adding the wine for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked. Remove the chicken and set aside in a warm oven.
Add the rice into the saucepan, cook with the remaining juices and fat. Cook for 2 minutes, keep stirring the rice. Gradually stir in the boiling stock. Continue cooking until the rice is tender, don’t stop stirring (it will take about 15-18 minutes).
Just before serving add the remaining butter and parmesan cheese and mix well. Transfer the risotto to a serving dish, place the chicken on top.
Regional recipe from Veneto