If you’ve thought about travelling to the beautiful island of Sardinia but are unsure about which resort is best then don’t worry – help is at hand! We take a look at Sardinia’s leading resorts.
1. Alghero: Arguably the most popular of all the resorts on the island. Some visitors are put off by the thought that Sardinia gets very crowded in high season but don’t miss the opportunity to visit the historic heart of this bustling town.
2. Cagliari: This is not only the largest town on the island but has been the capital of Sardinia for centuries. Many visitors arrive here from the Italian mainland and fall in love with the place, with its historic ramparts and nearby beaches.
3. Olbia: The resort of Olbia is very accessible, with a ferry terminal and small international airport. The main attraction here is the wonderful coastline, which is considerably more impressive than the resort itself.
4. Sassari: Though many choose to visit the new town, it is the old heart of Sassari that is really special. Visitors are sure to be impressed by the great variety and quality of food and drink found in Sassari.
5. Nuoro: Away from the packed coastal resorts, Nuoro is a haven in the center of the Sardinian mountains. This is an ideal location for those wishing to have a more peaceful holiday on the island.
6. Costa Smeralda: With its long lines of beaches, hotels, bars and restaurants, Costa Smeralda is the most visited region of Sardinia.
7. Oristano: A town of much historic importance that has become increasingly popular with visitors in recent years. The town is centered around its grand Piazza.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
Where to stay in Cagliari
There are hotels, B&Bs, guesthouses and apartments available, check them out and make a reservation here.