Piana degli Albanesi
Piana degli Albanesi: Greek Orthodox Ritual and Procession (Easter).
CELEBRATION of the EPIPHANY from the BYZANTINE RITE January 6
- Agrigento 135 km. south of Palermo.: ALMOND BLOSSOM FESTIVAL
Folk festival of song, dance, costumes, fireworks. Almond blossom festival and international folklore festival with Valley of Temples and ancient Greek sanctuaries as backdrops. Famous throughout Italy (First 10 days of February).
- Acireale: Traditional Carnival (February).
Christmas Croche (December).
Trapani – “The Stations of the Cross”
- Trapani: “Stations of the Cross” Historical Celebration and Passion Play (Good Friday).
- Adrano: Historical “La Diavolata” Passion Play (Easter).
- Caltanisetta: “I Misteri” Costumed Celebration (Maundy Thursday).
- Castelbuono: Medieval Games and Tournament (August).
- Siracusa: Historical water parade and games (August).National and International music prize (Middle of June).
- Messina: Historical Procession of the Giants (August).
- Taormina: Rally of Sicilian Costumes and Carts (April).
- San Cataldo: Descent From the Cross (Good Friday).
- Palermo: Santa Rosalia Folklore Festival and Procession (July 10 to 15).
Procession, bands, fireworks in honor of the patron saint of the city.Fishermen’s Festival (September 27).Mediterranean Trade Fair (May).
Opera season at Teatro Massimo (December through June).
- Trecastagni: Sant’Alfio Procession of Costumes and Carts (May).
- Catania: Feast Day of Sant’Agata (first week of February).
- San Fratello: The Devils of San Fratello (Easter Week).